Learn what to expect in the new updates
This module provides routines to adjust subplot params so that subplots are nicely fit in the figure. In doing so, only axis labels, tick labels and axes titles are currently considered.
Internally, it assumes that the margins (left_margin, etc.) which are differences between ax.get_tightbbox and ax.bbox are independent of axes position. This may fail if Axes.adjustable is datalim. Also, This will fail for some cases (for example, left or right margin is affected by xlabel).
Return a dictionary of subplot parameters so that spacing between subplots are adjusted. Note that this function ignore geometry information of subplot itself, but uses what is given by nrows_ncols and num1num2_list parameteres. Also, the results could be incorrect if some subplots have adjustable=datalim.
Return a list of subplotspec from the given list of axes. For an instance of axes that does not support subplotspec, None is inserted in the list.
If grid_spec is given, None is inserted for those not from the given grid_spec.
Return subplot parameters for tight-layouted-figure with specified padding.
fig : figure instance
axes_list : a list of axes
- subplotspec_list : a list of subplotspec associated with each
- axes in axes_list
renderer : renderer instance
- pad : float
- padding between the figure edge and the edges of subplots, as a fraction of the font-size.
- h_pad, w_pad : float
- padding (height/width) between edges of adjacent subplots. Defaults to pad_inches.
- rect : if rect is given, it is interpreted as a rectangle
- (left, bottom, right, top) in the normalized figure coordinate that the whole subplots area (including labels) will fit into. Default is (0, 0, 1, 1).